Re: PDF not shown in Frescobaldi

From: Noeck
Subject: Re: PDF not shown in Frescobaldi
Date: Tue, 16 Jun 2020 13:02:47 +0200

> That sounds very reasonable, given the massive Qt changes we had since
> 2015. As a service to everyone you might get in touch with the Ubuntu
> package maintainers (both python3-poppler-qt and frescobaldi, if
> they're different), file a bug and tell them that the packages must be
> kept in sync.

tl;dr: problem solved with own build of python3-poppler-qt5

I build the python3-poppler-qt5 code according to the wiki and it works
now with Fresobaldi 3.1.2 from github.

Ubuntu provides a consistent (yet very old) combination of Frescobalid
3.0.0 and python3-poppler-qt5 0.24.2. So can’t see a bug on Ubuntu’s
side. Even though it is a pity that they will ship this old version
until 2025 with an LTS-update only in 2022.

As I wanted to use a new Frescobaldi (3.1.2), I had to follow the wiki
and build python3-poppler-qt5 0.75.0 myself. This combination works now.

By the way, one of several reasons to my own Frescobaldi was that the
version from the package repository depends on lilypond which depends on
python2 as the only application on my system. (I know, I could instruct
apt to ignore it and the lilypond installer also ships with python2).

Cheers,
Joram