Re: Breath with fermata

From: Pierre Perol-Schneider
Subject: Re: Breath with fermata
Date: Sun, 7 Jun 2020 21:01:14 +0200

Hi Paolo,
How about:

breatheWithFermata = #(define-music-function (parser location offs) (number?)
#{
  \override BreathingSign.Y-offset = $offs
  \override BreathingSign.text = \markup {
    \override #'(baseline-skip . 1)
    \center-column {
      \musicglyph #"scripts.ufermata"
      \abs-fontsize #24 ","
  \breathe
#})

{
  c'2.
  % construct the symbol
  \breatheWithFermata #4
   c'4

Pierre

I'm trying to create a breath with a fermata (quite common in contemporary music).

Here is what I tried:

%%%%%%%%%

breatheWithFermata = #(define-music-function (parser location offs) (number?)
#{
  \override BreathingSign.Y-offset = $offs
  \override BreathingSign.text = \markup {
    \column {
      \musicglyph #"scripts.ufermata"
      \abs-fontsize #24 ","
  \breathe
#})

{
  c'2.
  % construct the symbol
  \breatheWithFermata #6
   c'4
}

%%%%%%%%%

I'm not sure this is the right way to achieve the symbol but, anyway, how can I

1) fix the alignment between the text "," and the fermata (so that they appear centered)?
2)  remove the vertical gap between the the text "," and the fermata

Many thanks!