Re: showLastLength

From: Valentin Villenave
Subject: Re: showLastLength
Date: Wed, 3 Jun 2020 18:15:47 +0200

On 6/3/20, David Sumbler <david@aeolia.co.uk> wrote:
> I have never used 'showLastLength' or 'showFirstLength' until today.

> I inserted a line such as
>       showLastLength = R1*5
> exactly as shown in NR3.4.2, immediately before the first (and only)
> \score { } section.

Are you sure there isn’t an unclosed block (which is to say, a missing
closing curly brace) somewhere?
showLastLength and showFirstLength need to be defined at the top
level; if you’re using Frescobaldi, you can try clicking on Tools >
Code Formatting > Re-Indent to catch any mismatched braces.

Otherwise, please post some code so that we can help you investigate.

Cheers,
-- V.