Re: forced \break or \pageBreak with ragged-right

From: Michael Winter
Subject: Re: forced \break or \pageBreak with ragged-right
Date: Tue, 2 Jun 2020 13:58:41 +0200 (CEST)

Thanks,

I thought about something like that but I have tied notes that would be interrupted by that approach. Which is also why I cannot use multiple single scores.

It also seems like trying to fit a square peg in a round whole. Again, I think there should be a way to have ragged-right for a single system after a \break or \pageBreak. That is the correct solution.

Perhaps I should note that another solution for me would be to have ragged-right = ##t if it were actually possible to have proportional notation where every beat is EXACTLY the same horizontal space. But that really just does not seem to be possible. No matter what, I have measures of the same time signature that are not the same length and thus break at different spots when ragged-right = ##t for (for example, two 4/4 systems where one automatically breaks after 4 measures and the other after 3 with minimal-breaking on).

Best,

Michael

Jun 2, 2020, 07:35 by pierre.schneider.paris@gmail.com:
How about: