Re: Global colour substitution for specific characters in lyrics

From: Fr. Samuel Springuel
Subject: Re: Global colour substitution for specific characters in lyrics
Date: Wed, 20 May 2020 09:35:01 -0400

> On 20 May, 2020, at 2:41 AM, Witold Uchman <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> Hello!
>
> I am looking for a way to simplify input in a book of psalms, namely to be
> able to simply put an * in lyrics and make the character in red.

I define a special function for this:

#(define aster #{ \set stanza = \markup \with-color #gregoriocolor * #})

Given this definition, I can put `\aster` into the lyrics exactly where I want
it.

`gregoriocolor` is used in several locations in my files, and has the following
definition:

gregoriocolor = #(rgb-color 0.898 0.208 0.172)

You can, of course, change that to the color you actually want.

Fr. Samuel, OSB
(R. Padraic Springuel)
St. Anselm’s Abbey
4501 South Dakota Ave, NE