Re: version 2.18.2 - incorrect bar numbers with full measure rests

From: Michael Gerdau
Subject: Re: version 2.18.2 - incorrect bar numbers with full measure rests
Date: Thu, 19 Mar 2020 07:14:27 +0100

> My understanding of "full measure rests" is, it covers the full measure based
> on the time signature. Thus R1 is sufficient for a measure that is in 4/2
> time.

That understanding is wrong.

A full measure rest has a duration like normal rests, thus you will have to
scale it according to your time signature.

There are many ways to achieve that. My personal favourite is using R1*<time
signature>, e.g. R1*4/2 in your case.

To cover 4 bars you would write R1*4/2*4

HTH,
Michael