Re: 64-bit Mac build of 2.20 is now available!

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: 64-bit Mac build of 2.20 is now available!
Date: Wed, 18 Mar 2020 13:07:17 +0100

Davide Liessi <address@hidden> writes:

> Dear David,
>
> Il giorno mer 18 mar 2020 alle ore 09:48 David Kastrup <address@hidden> ha
> scritto:
>> For which version number then?  Likely the one for issue 4800?
>
> I may be wrong, but shouldn't it be for the version containing the new
> convert-ly rule (that is, by now, later than 2.20.0)?
> If a user has already used convert-ly on a file, as in Zon's case,
> then the file already has a 2.20.0 version statement and rules for
> previous versions would not be applied by a subsequent run of
> convert-ly.

It doesn't make sense to have convert-ly produce non-working code for
version 2.19.40 .  And convert-ly cannot promise to fix code that never
worked due to its combination of version statement and old syntax.

It isn't guaranteed that you can run convert-ly multiple times for the
same version range without producing invalid code.

--
David Kastrup