Re: Lilypond in Windows shows version 0.4

From: Mark Mathias
Subject: Re: Lilypond in Windows shows version 0.4
Date: Sun, 15 Mar 2020 05:44:25 -0400

Torsten,
All is working now! Thank You!
Mark

On Sat, Mar 7, 2020 at 6:39 PM Torsten Hämmerle <address@hidden> wrote:
Mark Mathias-2 wrote
> The 2.20.0 version is listed in Frescobaldi's preferences with a correct
> full path, but there is a red "no go" symbol to the left of the line.
> [...]
> Here's the path I've specified: C:\Program Files (x86)\LilyPond
> 2.20.0\usr\bin\lilypond
>
> I must still have something wrong...

Hi Mark,

Yes, you're right: you must have something wrong… ;)

Obviously, there's an error in the specified lilypond binary, I've just
checked it by playing around with one of my paths.  Frescobaldi will display
a no entry sign on the left if the path/file specification is invalid.
In your case, it looks as if the "*.exe*" suffix was missing.
If you want to avoid typing errors, you can use the "open file dialog" icon
on the right of the LilyPond Command field and click your way through to
lilypond*.exe*.

As soon as the specified LilyPond Command (i.e. the lilypond.exe binary with
a fully specified path) is OK, the no entry icon will immediately be
replaced by a lovely little water lily icon and I'm sure your Frescobaldi
will then be able to launch the corresponding LilyPond version without any
further ado.

HTH and good luck,
Torsten