Re: How can I link lyrics with a temporary counter-melody?

From: Rick Kimpel
Subject: Re: How can I link lyrics with a temporary counter-melody?
Date: Mon, 24 Feb 2020 20:03:14 +0000

Jerry,
As a singer, I would expect to see the lyrics for the upstem voice
to be above the staff, and the downstem voice below the staff.
It's been a while, but I think it would need to be something like this:

\score {
  <<
    \new Staff = "lead"
    <<
      \new Voice = "top" { \voiceOne f'4 c''4 c''2 }
      \new Voice = "bottom" { \voiceTwo r2 d'4 e'4 }

    \new Lyrics \with {
      alignAboveContext = "lead"
      \override VerticalAxisGroup #'staff-affinity = #DOWN
    } \lyricsto "top" {\lyricmode { Hel -- lo world! }}
    \new Lyrics \lyricsto "bottom" {\lyricmode { How -- dy! }}

}

I'm sure there's a more elegant solution.

Regards,
Rick