Re: \override multiple properties?

From: Bric
Subject: Re: \override multiple properties?
Date: Sat, 1 Feb 2020 21:46:51 -0500 (EST)

> On February 1, 2020 at 7:06 PM Aaron Hill <address@hidden> wrote:

> related \overrides into their own music variable or function, if there
> needs to be some parameterization:
>
> %%%%
> \version "2.18"
>
> emphasizeStem = {
>    \override Stem.thickness = #3.0
>    \override Stem.color = #'(0.5 0.3 0.2)
> }
>
> % . . .
> \new Voice \with { \emphasizeStem } { b'4 c''2. }
> % . . .
> \new Voice { e'8 g' \once \emphasizeStem f'4 a'2 }
> % . . .
> %%%%
>
> Grouping related \overrides together in a well-named variable promotes
> readability, reusability and maintainability.  As an added bonus, \once
> can be used with the variable without needing to apply it to every
> \override.

In my case i am needing to override a series of notes and then revert.  (So,
don't want to use "\once"). I have already used your construct, coupling it
with reverting directives grouped the same way (with a named group):

emphasizeStem = {
   \override Stem.thickness = #3.0
   \override Stem.color = #'(0.5 0.3 0.2)
}

revertStem = {
  \revert Stem.thickness
  \revert Stem.color
}

Then i mark up a set of notes with the above two, as start and end markers,
like so:

e'8  \emphasizeStem  gis'' cis''  e'' dis'' \revertStem fis''

What would be nice is be able to parametrize those blocks somehow

But, i guess, that can only be done with a Scheme function? I'm shaky on scheme.