Re: Newbie install question

From: Mark Gould
Subject: Re: Newbie install question
Date: Fri, 31 Jan 2020 12:11:00 +0000

Hi Davide

Thanks for this. I get a bit further now,  but run into

unable to revert mtime: /Library/Fonts
unable to revert mtime: /Library/Fonts/Microsoft

This one makes no sense to me sadly...

Regards

Mark

On 30 Jan 2020, at 22:08, Davide Liessi <address@hidden> wrote:

Dear Mark,

Il giorno gio 30 gen 2020 alle ore 17:53 Mark Gould
<address@hidden> ha scritto:
> /Applications/LilyPond 2.app/Contents/Resources/bin/lilypond: line 22:
> /Applications//../libexec/lilypond-bin: No such file or directory
> /Applications/LilyPond 2.app/Contents/Resources/bin/lilypond: line 22: exec:
> /Applications//../libexec/lilypond-bin: cannot execute: No such file or
> directory

I think you have the same problem I was having.
Due to missing quotes around some variables, the space in the app name
breaks some scripts.
The issue has already been solved in Marnen's repository, see
https://gitlab.com/marnen/lilypond-mac-builder/-/merge_requests/1
https://gitlab.com/marnen/lilypond-mac-builder/issues/8
The next version of the app bundle will work correctly.
Meanwhile, you can fix it by manually changing some files inside the
application bundle.

- Right-click on the application bundle and choose "Show package contents".
- Navigate to Contents/Resources/bin.
- Open the file named "lilypond" in a text editor and add double
quotes at lines 16 and 22 as shown in
https://gitlab.com/marnen/lilypond-mac-builder/-/merge_requests/1/diffs
- Navigate back to Contents/Resources and then into etc/relocate.
- Open the file named "gs.reloc" in a text editor and add double
quotes at line 6 as shown in
https://gitlab.com/marnen/lilypond-mac-builder/commit/bc5469bfffa35bdeb84490fdfad3fe48d9a058dc

Best wishes.
Davide