Re: HorizontalBracket's stencil

From: Paolo Prete
Subject: Re: HorizontalBracket's stencil
Date: Wed, 22 Jan 2020 21:06:30 +0100

On Wed, Jan 22, 2020 at 8:47 PM Kieren MacMillan <address@hidden> wrote:
Hi Rutger,

> Cannot you fake it using a TupletBracket (\tuplet 1/1) and override the TupletNumber.text?

Absolutely — that’s a great solution.

Hi Kieren and Rutger,

Unfortunately I can't use this solution because I need to do the opposite: I have to fake a TupletBracket with a HorizontalBracket.
I observed that TupletBracket is very buggy on cross-staff music. The padding properties are 1) blacklisted in the code itself or 2) lead to weird behavior (see this thread:  https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-user/2020-01/msg00482.html  ).
And I observed that I don't have these issues with HorizontalBracket...

The other (more flexible and configurable) solution is David Nalesnik’s MeasureAttachedSpanner.

Are you referring to this?

http://lsr.di.unimi.it/LSR/Item?id=954

IIUC it only applies on a full measure, and not on a group of notes.
Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Best,

Kieren.

Kieren MacMillan, composer (he/him/his)