Re: Trying to locate files

From: Freeman Gilmore
Subject: Re: Trying to locate files
Date: Wed, 15 Jan 2020 00:47:44 -0500

On Wed, Jan 15, 2020 at 12:33 AM Aaron Hill <address@hidden> wrote:
On 2020-01-14 9:27 pm, Freeman Gilmore wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 15, 2020 at 12:19 AM Aaron Hill <address@hidden>
> wrote:
>
>> On 2020-01-14 8:53 pm, Freeman Gilmore wrote:

>> > It is my understanding that LP uses Unicode.   i sharp symbol has a
>> > Unicode.    Some were there is a file were the text is converted to
>> > Unicode.
>>
>> Ah, LilyPond handles UTF-8 parsing within the lexer.  See lexer.ll and
>> in particular the function Lily_lexer::YYText_utf8.
>>
> Searched for lexer.ll. no mach?

It is in the source code [1] for LilyPond, not the binary distribution.

[1]:
https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/lilypond.git/tree/lily/lexer.ll?h=release/2.19.83-1&id=c9134465360dfb53419f749747d28c6d04d23839#n1171

(The link assumes you are working from 2.19.83.)
Thank you, I would have though the conversion to Unicode would be at the out put not the lexer; but what do I know.
ƒg

-- Aaron Hill