Lyric misalignment and beaming?

From: Arle Lommel
Subject: Lyric misalignment and beaming?
Date: Mon, 13 Jan 2020 18:45:53 -0500

Got a head scratcher here. Using 2.19.83, I’ve run into a problem where I *cannot* create a minimal example: The minimal example works exactly as it should and it is only in context where things fail, but I have no idea what actually makes them fail, so I have no idea how to make a minimal example.

I have lines like this:

    f16[( e16) d8] d4 a2 |

I’ve paired it with lyrics like this:

   ko -- mám -- asz -- szony,

If I put this in a file by itself to create a minimal example it renders just fine:

But in the context of a larger piece, this is what I get from the exact same input:

However, if I change the manual beaming, to this:

f16[( e16)] d8 d4 a2 |

I get this:

Which is what I want with the lyrics, but obviously with the wrong beaming now.

So somehow the manual beams are interfering with the Lyrics alignment, but I cannot figure out why or how, since they don’t do it in a minimal example, but do in the first measure of a complex piece before anything obvious has had a chance to interfere with them. This same problem repeats every time I have manual beaming in the piece, which is frequent given its metric structure.

Does anyone have any idea what I should check to resolve this problem? I’ve tried everything I can think of with no luck.

-Arle