Re: 2.18 for Catalina?

From: Hans Åberg
Subject: Re: 2.18 for Catalina?
Date: Thu, 26 Dec 2019 10:26:59 +0100

> On 26 Dec 2019, at 02:42, Saul Tobin <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> What is currently the easiest way to get a working install of Lilypond 2.18
> on Catalina? I have old projects that require 2.18 and will not work on 2.19.
> Ideally, I'd like to have control over the install directory, since I
> typically have multiple Lilypond versions coexisting.

In MacPorts, there is ‘port install lilypond’ which is 2.18, but it may not be
actively maintained, which is is why I only made an installer for
lilypond-devel which is 2.19, maintained by Werner Lemberg. They have the same
program name, I think, so you can’t have both in that install location, which
is /opt/local/. The installer I made ends up in /opt/lilypond/ though, so you
might have that one for 2.19 and the MacPorts for 2.18. Or make your own
installer for 2.18; then you can choose install location.