Outside-staff-priority and vertical order of grobs

From: Paolo Pr
Subject: Outside-staff-priority and vertical order of grobs
Date: Mon, 9 Dec 2019 17:04:40 +0100

Hello,

in the following snippet, I assigned to the TupletBracket grob an outside-staff-priority higher than the OttavaBracket. Then, the OttavaBracket is placed below it, as expected.

%%%%%%%%
{
\override TupletBracket.outside-staff-priority = #340
\override Staff.OttavaBracket.outside-staff-priority = #300
\ottava #1 \tuplet 3/2 { c' d' f' }
}
%%%%%%%%

However, if I override the staff-padding property of the OttavaBracket, the ottava grob il placed in a new position regardless of the previous outside-staff-priority order. Then, the TupletBracket us now placed below the moved OttavaBracket:

%%%%%%%%
{
\override TupletBracket.outside-staff-priority = #340
\override Staff.OttavaBracket.outside-staff-priority = #300
\override Staff.OttavaBracket #'staff-padding = #'5
\ottava #1 \tuplet 3/2 { c' d' f' }
}
%%%%%%%%

Why? Is there a way to set the staff-padding property of a grob and preserve at the same time the vertical order set with outside-staff-priority?

Thanks,
Paolo