Re: How to proofread?

From: Urs Liska
Subject: Re: How to proofread?
Date: Tue, 3 Dec 2019 16:58:10 +0100

Am 30.11.19 um 16:35 schrieb Jinsong Zhao:
Hi there,

It's may be some off topic. After a long struggle, I have nearly done the input of a sheet music. Then, I need to proofread it.

Generally, I split the screen into left and right frames, and put the score that Lilypond output and the original one into each frame, and read/compare notes one by one.

Is there any other ways you prefer to do proofread?

Best,
Jinsong

One tool available for proof-reading is Frescobaldi's Manuscript Viewer that lets you place the engraver's copy and the engraved LilyPond score next to each other withing one environment - and you have access to the text editor in that same environment through point-and-click.

What I often do is force the engraving to use the original line/page breaking during editing. This can be done by inserting a custom command like \originalLineBreak that is defined as

originalLineBreak = \break

etc. for page breaks and page turns.
For publication this can be changed to

originalLineBreak = {}