Re: Attach a debugger to LilyPond

From: Carl Sorensen
Subject: Re: Attach a debugger to LilyPond
Date: Wed, 25 Sep 2019 17:21:08 +0000

On 9/25/19, 12:23 AM, "Urs Liska" <address@hidden> wrote:

    Hi,

    a question on the Frescobaldi mailing list got me thinking: is it possible
(or could it be made possible with reasonable effort) to attach a debugger to a
LilyPond compilation process?

It is possible to attach a debugger to LilyPond.  It requires keeping the debug
symbols in the compilation, and the standard installation process strips the
symbols.  The contributors guide discusses how to do it.

The use of breakpoints is helpful.  But my experience has been that it's not
really easy to trace the parsing, iteration, and layout of a particular score
in a debugger.

I don't know how well this answers your question.

Thanks,

Carl