Re: \bookpart question

From: Thomas Morley
Subject: Re: \bookpart question
Date: Wed, 18 Sep 2019 10:05:21 +0200

Am Mi., 18. Sept. 2019 um 08:22 Uhr schrieb Jacques Menu
<address@hidden>:

> Hello folks,
>
> I naturally tend to specify a number of pages in a bookpart this way:
>
>   \bookpart {
>     \layout {
>       page-count = 1
>     }
  [...]
>   }
>
> What is the logic behind that being rejected, and the need to use a \paper
> block instead, which does what I want actually?

As far as I remember David K once wrote current implementation of
\book and \bookpart is strange and it's even hard to tell how they are
supposed to work.
For now one can't do better then code what actually works and forget
about the logic, imho ...

Cheers,
  Harm