Re: Proportional notation not working as expected.

From: Kieren MacMillan
Subject: Re: Proportional notation not working as expected.
Date: Sat, 14 Sep 2019 21:24:25 -0400

Hi Andrew,

> With his music changing time signature sometimes every bar, I am utterly
> unable to achieve what he wants. The requirement is simple - fixed width bars
> of a specified size.

Does the fixed width include all prefatory material? e.g., if a measure
included a TimeSignature and a KeySignature with a total width of 2 cm, what
would be the exact distance between the barlines at the beginning and end of
that measure?

> Can somebody with deeper knowledge say if this is a forlorn hope?

Having recently used Lilypond to output a Tonnetz grid, I feel like I might be
able to solve the problem, given enough time.  =)

Best,
Kieren.

Kieren MacMillan, composer (he/him/his)
‣ website: www.kierenmacmillan.info