Allowing TextSpanner lines to collide, but not the end text

From: michaellee94
Subject: Allowing TextSpanner lines to collide, but not the end text
Date: Fri, 6 Sep 2019 14:01:07 -0700 (MST)

I'm in the middle of editing a score that uses custom TextSpanners (the
Haupstimme and Nebenstimme spanners constructed in
http://lsr.di.unimi.it/LSR/Item?id=843). Sometimes the melodic lines go
above the staff, and in this case, I'd like to make sure that the glyphs
don't collide with the notes, but I don't really care about the invisible
line in between them. I've attached an example of the typical behavior. If
possible, I'd like the positioning of the H and bracket in the right-hand
case to match the positioning in the left-hand case. Would anybody know how
to achieve this? I assume there's a general property of TextSpanners that
allows for it. Thank you for your help!

test.ly <http://lilypond.1069038.n5.nabble.com/file/t5892/test.ly>

<http://lilypond.1069038.n5.nabble.com/file/t5892/Screenshot_from_2019-09-06_16-53-23.png>