Re: Creating combined manuscript/ruled paper

From: Aaron Hill
Subject: Re: Creating combined manuscript/ruled paper
Date: Tue, 03 Sep 2019 08:21:47 -0700

On 2019-09-03 7:43 am, Sam Bivens wrote:
I've of course managed to create the blank staves—see the attached
MWE—but I'm having trouble creating the equidistant lines and then
creating a two-column environment in which to include both the staves
and the lines. (If that's even the best approach to the problem.)

How might I go about doing something like this?

If you want to work exclusively in LilyPond, you could use \markup to help with the columnar layout.

Consider the following pattern:

%%%%
\version "2.19.83"

\markup {
  \override #'(span-factor . 31/64)
  \fill-line {
    \column { Left
      \score { \repeat unfold 4 { s1 \break }
        \layout {
          indent = 0 ragged-right = ##f line-width = 3.6\in
          \context { \Score
            \omit Clef \omit TimeSignature \omit BarNumber \omit BarLine
    \column { Right
      \draw-hline \draw-hline \draw-hline
      \draw-hline \draw-hline \draw-hline
      \draw-hline \draw-hline \draw-hline