Section 2.9.6 of the Reference Manual: Combining Ancient Notation with M

From: Joshua Armenta
Subject: Section 2.9.6 of the Reference Manual: Combining Ancient Notation with Modern?
Date: Sun, 1 Sep 2019 13:58:21 -0500

Hi,

Weird scenario, and unfortunately I can't hate on the composer....since it's my work and my misbehavior! ;-)

So I have a section of a piece for tenor and orchestra that is in 4/4 but the singer has cadenza figures for sections, while the orchestra is resting. So the structure is 4/4 Orchestra, tenor cadenza/orchestra rests, 4/4 Orchestra, tenor cadenza/orchestra rests, etc. My tenor has asked me to notate these parts in the modern Gregorian chant notation, with reciting tones and all that. Will I be able to combine the two notation styles in a single document using Gregorian.ly?

--
Josh Armenta, M.Mus, M.Mus., B.Mus.
Composer & Conductor | Compositor y Director

"If I cannot fly, let me sing." - Stephen Sondheim