Re: Lyrics extend question

From: Wol's lists
Subject: Re: Lyrics extend question
Date: Fri, 30 Aug 2019 21:40:30 +0100

On 29/08/2019 19:53, Jacques Menu wrote:
Hello David,

The other thread was about a score I’m adapting for our oboes band for concerts to come.

This lead me to compare how various applications import MusicXML, and I found this difference.

And you’re right, my interest is in the algorithms for such import.

My gut feel is that an extender should only extend if the word does not lie under both notes. You say you made the font larger, so if the melisma belongs under the second note, the text extended, hit it, and (like pacman) ate it :-)

Cheers,
Wol