Re: Nesting levels in the source code - why do I have to use one level m

From: Phil Holmes
Subject: Re: Nesting levels in the source code - why do I have to use one level more than I thought?
Date: Thu, 29 Aug 2019 16:27:05 +0100

----- Original Message ----- From: "Petr Pařízek" <address@hidden>
To: <address@hidden>
Sent: Thursday, August 29, 2019 4:09 PM

Hello,

I'm currently learning to use LilyPond. I've finally succeeded in writing a short piece of music but there's one thing I don't understand. In my source code, there was one line that said "\score {". In order it worked at all, I had to keep a single left brace { on the immediately following line, which meant that I later had to use a single right brace } on two consecutive lines.

I don't see a right brace on two consecutive lines?

To me, this seems like an additional level of nesting which I didn't think was necessary. So I wanted to know why it has to be there or why the compiling process fails if I don't keep that.

To be more specific, I'll quote a shortened version of my code to give you a better idea of what I'm talking about.

--
Phil Holmes