Re: Change position of first bar of melody

From: Michael Wagner
Subject: Re: Change position of first bar of melody
Date: Wed, 28 Aug 2019 17:03:40 -0400

How is this different from a partial (ie, a pickup) note. Will “\partial 8 {c8}” do what you want?

Mike

Sent from my iPhone

On Aug 28, 2019, at 16:19, Frederik Hanghøj Iversen <address@hidden> wrote:

I'd like to change it so that the first bar on my sheet is after the first note in my melody. Currently I'm working around this by having my melody start with rests so that everything lines up. I'd like to not have those rests on my sheet however.

I hope I'm explaining this well. I'm a bit of a novice. This particular piece of music does what I'm referring to:

https://www.musikipedia.dk/billeder/dendanskesang.gif

Is this possible in Lilypond?

--
Regards