Cue label

From: Simon Albrecht
Subject: Cue label
Date: Thu, 22 Aug 2019 20:33:53 +0200

Hello everybody,

it strikes me as odd and unnecessary that one has to manually add a label with the instrument name to each cue. Wouldn’t it make more sense to supply that instrument name as a string (or markup) as an additional argument to \addQuote and have \cueDuring (and \cueDuringWithClef) automatically insert the label?

Am I missing some obstacle? This seems so easy to implement that I somehow think there must be a reason why the developer of the function didn’t do it…

And would that label always go above the staff, regardless of the cue’s ‘direction’?

Best, Simon