Re: Bar in a Symphony by Beethoven

From: Ben
Subject: Re: Bar in a Symphony by Beethoven
Date: Sun, 11 Aug 2019 22:00:49 -0400

On 8/11/2019 3:55 PM, Víctor Manuel Ares Piñeiro via lilypond-user wrote:
Thank you all very much for your answers and comments.

First of all, the code that Andrew Bernard very kindly gave me:

{
   \clef bass
   \stemUp
   b,8
   \stemDown
   b8 b b b
}

This code was one of my first attempts to make that fragment. However, in my version of LilyPond, which is 2.19.82, the compiler shows me this warning:

"warning: no viable initial configuration found: may not find good beam slope

Although the score is compiled correctly, in each fragment of the score in which I use it, the compiler shows me the corresponding warning, and the Frescobaldi program marks the lines in red.

Maybe it's just a simple warning, no more complications, but I'd like to know if there's any other way to make that fragment without the LilyPond compiler "protesting".

On the other hand, Pierre Perol-Schneider, thank you very much for your warning. I am aware that this mode of writing is obsolete and not currently used. My intention is to copy Beethoven's Symphonies to review my musical knowledge and learn complex and unusual LilyPond techniques to improve my knowledge of the program.

Many thanks again to all of you for your answers.

Víctor Manuel Ares Piñeiro
address@hidden