Re: pageBreak causes multiple ChoirStaff or StaffGroup System Start Deli

From: David Wright
Subject: Re: pageBreak causes multiple ChoirStaff or StaffGroup System Start Delimiters
Date: Sat, 10 Aug 2019 10:34:22 -0500

On Sat 10 Aug 2019 at 09:58:21 (-0500), Patrick Karl wrote:
> On 8/9/19 11:40 AM, Mark Stephen Mrotek wrote:
> >
> > Patrick,
> >
> > Not sure about the page break.
> >
> > Is this what you want?
> >
> Well, not really.  If you'll reread the subject I wrote, I'm looking
> to get a second ChoirStaff or StaffGroup on a new page with only a
> single System Start Delimiter.  Your response doesn't seem very
> responsive.

Ouch.

> I guess I have to ask:  does my original submission illustrate a bug
> in LilyPond?

That seems like an odd question because it focuses on what you don't
want rather than what you do. Expressed in positive terms, what you
seem to be asking is "Can I get LP to print a score which is taller
than the page, so that the System Start Delimiter extends out of the
bottom of the first page and into the top of the second? If so, how
is it done?"

Is that what you want? If not, it might be sensible to attach a
hand-drawn sketch of what it is that you want.

> > \version "2.19.81"
> >
> > \score {
> >
> >     { <<
> >
> >       \new PianoStaff <<