Overriding a global declaration

From: John McWilliam
Subject: Overriding a global declaration
Date: Sun, 4 Aug 2019 20:09:10 +0200

  1. Iā€™m compiling a book of bagpipe tunes and have used a global declaration which suits my Music:

#(set-global-staff-size 16)

I now fine I have one tune which still does not fit onto the page and one line of music spills over onto a new page. If I reduce this tune to staff-size 15 the problem is solved. Can I do this and maintain my global definition for the other tunes?

  1. In the same collection of tunes I sometimes use the following command:

#(allow-volta-hook ā€œ|ā€)

The problem is that this command is set at the beginning of the tune and affects all my volta spanners. Can I override this where an open spanner is desired?

John McWilliam

Sent from Mail for Windows 10