Re: Accidentals from note grob

From: Urs Liska
Subject: Re: Accidentals from note grob
Date: Fri, 02 Aug 2019 09:48:45 +0200

Am 2. August 2019 08:43:51 MESZ schrieb Nils Nommensen <address@hidden>:
>That's exactly the point, I actually need the glyph name.
>If I am noch mistaken, the alteration attribute also incorporates the
>information of the key signature. I need to know which accidental is
>directly in front of the notehead.
>Therefore, the glyph name is probably what I need. However,  the line
>
>(write (ly:grob-property acc 'glyph-name))
>
>is not a string, but something else and I'm not really sure how to
>extract
>the string part of it. Do you have a suggestion?

I'm somewhat confused now. This expression "is" not a string but the result of
the "write" procedure, which I "nothing". If you strip off the "write" part you
have the actual glyph name (and to reiterate: the glyph name is
"accidentals.natural", not "natural") which you can then work with.

Maybe that's not a string but a symbol (don't have a PC with me to check), in
which case you could use the (symbol->string sym) procedure to convert it to a
string.

Urs