Tune structure when used in \book

From: John McWilliam
Subject: Tune structure when used in \book
Date: Mon, 29 Jul 2019 12:26:46 +0200

Windows10, Lilypond 2.18.2, Friscobaldi 3.0.1

I have a large number of pipe tunes and have been trying gather them into a book. I am almost there but have run into problem with the variables I use for each tune part (verse/variation). Briefly, my tunes are structured:

------------------------------

Settings

%\Include bagpip.ly

PartA = {}

PartB = {}

Score {

                \PartA

                \PartB

       }

Briefly my book is structured:

Settings

\include bagpipe.ly

\book {\bookpart}

I can compile each tune separately if I include bagpipe.ly. To compile the book I must comment out this since it is included in the book at top level, however, I get errors indicating that the functions in bagpipe.ly are not found. If I do away with the variables and move the music into the score, everything works. This is a pity as it makes my tune files less readable. Is there a way around this?

John McWilliam

Sent from Mail for Windows 10