Re: Installing v2.19.83

From: Ralph Palmer
Subject: Re: Installing v2.19.83
Date: Fri, 26 Jul 2019 15:35:23 -0400

On Fri, Jul 26, 2019 at 10:38 AM Ben <address@hidden> wrote:
On 7/26/2019 9:55 AM, Ralph Palmer wrote:
Greetings -

I'm running ly v2.19.81 under Linux/Ubuntu.

Do I need to move it to a particular directory before installing LilyPond 2.19.83?

What command(s) do I need to run to install 2.19.83? Are the commands run on the .sh file?

Hi Ralph,

How did you install the 2.19.81 before? Did you use the sh file and PREFIX, or did you install from a sudo apt / repo?

I've never had an issue upgrading / installing over LilyPond, but I have always used the sh files.

Thanks, Ben! The problem was that I didn't record how I did the install before, and it's been awhile. Also, though I've used bash, and I can follow directions, I'm timid about trying commands in the terminal when I'm not sure what they're going to do.

All the best,

Ralph

--
Ralph Palmer