Re: Lilypond font in Adobe Illustrator

From: Abraham Lee
Subject: Re: Lilypond font in Adobe Illustrator
Date: Thu, 25 Jul 2019 17:22:17 -0600

Hi, William!

On Thu, Jul 25, 2019 at 4:02 PM William Zeitler <address@hidden> wrote:
When I open a PDF generated by Lilypond (2.18.2) on Windows (10), Adobe
Illustrator complains about not being able to find font "Emmentaler 20".
I have scoured the web for this font, and found a couple of that name
which I installed, but the problem persists.

The fonts used by LilyPond are installed locally to the application rather than the system font folder. That's why Illustrator can't find any of them. If you look inĀ

[LILY_DIR]\usr\share\lilypond\current\fonts\otf

you will find the music fonts LilyPond uses, all called "emmentaler-XX.otf" where XX is the intended optical point size. If you copy those to your system folder, Illustrator should be satisfied.

Alternatively, if Illustrator gives you the option to convert any text to outlines, then I'd recommend that. Inkscape allows this and that's what I've successfully used quite often before.

HTH,
Abraham