Re: How to increase the distance between staves?

From: Peter Toye
Subject: Re: How to increase the distance between staves?
Date: Wed, 24 Jul 2019 16:57:31 +0100

Hi Jean,

Thanks. I found you also have to set ragged-bottom to ##f as well.

Best regards,

Peter
mailto:address@hidden
www.ptoye.com

-------------------------
Wednesday, July 24, 2019, 1:25:45 PM, Jean ABOU SAMRA wrote:

Hi Peter,
Any overrides you can do in StaffGrouper are related to the space between staves
of the _same_ system when they are grouped in StaffGroup-s or such. They have
nothing to do with the space _between_ different systems. To influence that, you
need \paper variables as described in
lilypond.org/doc/latest/Documentation/notation/flexible-vertical-spacing-paper-variables.html

For example:

\paper {
  system-system-spacing.basic-distance = 30
}

Althought in your case, if you just want the score to fit the whole page, you may just need

\paper {
  ragged-last-bottom = ##f
}

which will cause the score to fit the entire page
(
lilypond.org/doc/latest/Documentation/notation/fixed-vertical-spacing-paper-variables.html).

Regards,
Jean Abou Samra.