Ragged-right

From: John McWilliam
Subject: Ragged-right
Date: Mon, 22 Jul 2019 11:31:42 +0200

Windows 10

I have raised this question earlier concerning a problem when combining landscape mode, \grace, \partial and \repeat volta in Lilypond 2.19.83 I have tried to simplify my question in the attached example and hope that someone can advise. Briefly, insertion of a grace note in a partial bar and in combination with a repeat caused a ragged right margin (line-end) after the first repeat.

The attached example should be self explanatory. When working with bagpipe music which uses frequent gracenotes (bagpipe.ly) the problem exacerbates and sometime the music is extended off the page and lost. This occurs in landscape mode though my example seems to indicate the same thing in portrait mode.  Happily, Lilypond 2.18.2 works without these problems. I have spoken to the author of bagpipe.ly and bagpipe_new.ly who has a MAC environment and he says that Lilypond 2.19.83 does not have these problems and thinks this must have something to do with the Windows version of Lilypond.

John McWilliam

Sent from Mail for Windows 10