Incorrect letter spacing in header

From: Steven Smith
Subject: Incorrect letter spacing in header
Date: Wed, 17 Jul 2019 17:27:43 -0600

I am working on an arrangement for band, and would like the header information to be the same size on the conductor's score and the instrumental parts. I put the scores in different \book block so I could use the #(set-global-staff-size 12.5) for the conductor's score and #(set-global-staff-size 20) for the parts.

Then I tried to use    \abs-fontsize #20  for the Title in a \bookTitleMarkup block. The second book has the correct font size, but the letter spacing is wrong. If the first book has the smaller staff size, the second book title spacing is too wide. If the first book has the larger staff size, the second book title spacing is too narrow.

What is going on here? MWE code follows, images attached.

-Steven Smith

\language "english"

notes = \relative c' { c1 d e f g}

% Just to make the image smaller
#(set! paper-alist (cons '("my size" . (cons (* 8.5 in) (* 2 in))) paper-alist))

\header {
  title = "Adios, Au Revoir, Auf Wiedersehen"
  tagline = ""
}

\paper {
  #(set-paper-size "my size")