Re: inter-letter spacing?

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: inter-letter spacing?
Date: Mon, 15 Jul 2019 21:09:27 +0200 (CEST)

> any idea how to realize inter-letter spacing?  Has someone already
> written a macro like
>
>   \markup { \letter-spacing #0.1 "foobar" }
>
> which should be equivalent to
>
>   \markup { \concat { "f" \hspace #0.1
>                       "o" \hspace #0.1
>                       "a" \hspace #0.1
>                       "r" } }
>
> ?  A google search didn't come up with a solution...

Actually, I wonder whether this is possible at all currently.  The
above is a very simplistic solution, completely ignoring kerning,
which should be retained.

It seems that we would need a Scheme interface to the
`pango_attr_letter_spacing_new' function, which isn't used yet within
LilyPond...

    Werner

PS: Right now, I would be thankful for a pointer to this simplistic
    solution :-)