Jazz chords layout question

From: Jacques Menu
Subject: Jazz chords layout question
Date: Fri, 12 Jul 2019 20:33:19 +0200

Hello folks,

I’m trying to setup the attached example as in the following, with an added
staff containing empty measures as an exercise score:

PNG image

What I currently get is:

PNG image

Questions:
        - why do the marks appear without a box around them?
        - why does \repeat percent not produce percent signs?
        - how can I get the measures to be equal length?
        - how can I ‘push’ the beginning of the seconda volta to the middle of
the line?

Thanks for your help!

JM