Re: Two Hands "Snake"

From: Thomas Morley
Subject: Re: Two Hands "Snake"
Date: Tue, 9 Jul 2019 00:20:22 +0200

Am Mo., 8. Juli 2019 um 23:35 Uhr schrieb tdy lists <address@hidden>:

> With the template of the vibrato:
>
> %%
> https://raw.githubusercontent.com/mwitmer/LyUtil/master/ly/expressive_markings/vibrato.ly
> %% Original author: Mark Witmer
> %% Rewritten version by Harm
>
> I tweak the thiknes of the curve and I add a couple of lines to the variable
> that I find in another question
> %%%
> https://music.stackexchange.com/questions/42775/move-a-trill-into-the-stave
>
> so the Snake can get inside the staff.
>
> The where a couple of things I couldn't do.
>
> 1 - I couldn't find the way to start de curve from up to down.
> 2 - When the spanner arrive to a line break it's stops and do not continue as
> can be seen in the attached image.

Hi,

I assume you took my rewrite of Mark's code from
http://lilypond.1069038.n5.nabble.com/How-to-make-this-postscript-spanner-to-work-with-L-amp-R-bound-details-td204375.html#a204622

Ad 1.
The function 'wavyVibrato' is called with a list of numerical numbers.
Iiuc what you're after, try negative numbers.

Ad 2.
The original code does line-breaks as well as my rewrite.
I suspect you're additions to be the problem.
What exactly are these?

Cheers,
  Harm