Re: Frescobaldi language problem

From: Tyler Mitchell
Subject: Re: Frescobaldi language problem
Date: Sat, 6 Jul 2019 21:08:50 -0700

On Sun, Jul 07, 2019 at 01:17:40AM +0200, Federico Bruni wrote:
> Il giorno gio 4 lug 2019 alle 18:50, Tyler Mitchell <address@hidden> ha
> scritto:
> > On Thu, Jul 04, 2019 at 11:26:16AM -0500, John Karl wrote:
> > >  I've have apparently reset Frescobaldi's language selection for
> > >  its "Lilypond log" output from English to German and have been
> > >  unable to undo this.
> >
> > I am having the same problem; I noticed it immediately after
> > upgrading from El Capitan to Mojave. Although mine is in French
> > (and since my French reading is not so terrible, and I'm well
> > familiar with the English LilyPond messages by now, I haven't
> > bothered to try to figure this out). Would be interested to know
> > the solution, too.
> >
> > I am using Frescobaldi 2.19.0 with LilyPond 2.18.2 (yes, I should
> > upgrade).
> >

> Did you try changing the setting in the preferences ("Run LilyPond with
> english messages")?

I didn't try that, because I didn't know it existed. :-)

Checking that box works, in that the messages are now in English.
It doesn't really explain why they would be in French in the first
place, since I only have that set only as a "secondary" language in
System Preferences (and no other program on the system has offered
me anything in French).

> What's the value of the no_translation option in your frescobaldi.conf file?
> I don't know where it is in Mac...

On my system, it's in
~/Library/Preferences/org.frescobaldi.frescobaldi.plist

It was 'false' before; after checking "Run LilyPond with English
messages", it became 'true'.

> I'm using Frescobaldi 3 on Linux since a couple of years. I'm not sure if
> it's the same on version 2.

I should really upgrade, as I'm using Frescobaldi 2.18.1.

Many thanks,
Tyler