Re: Frescobaldi language problem

From: Federico Bruni
Subject: Re: Frescobaldi language problem
Date: Sun, 07 Jul 2019 01:17:40 +0200

Il giorno gio 4 lug 2019 alle 18:50, Tyler Mitchell <address@hidden> ha scritto:
On Thu, Jul 04, 2019 at 11:26:16AM -0500, John Karl wrote:
 I've have apparently reset Frescobaldi's language selection for
 its "Lilypond log" output from English to German and have been
 unable to undo this.

I am having the same problem; I noticed it immediately after
upgrading from El Capitan to Mojave. Although mine is in French
(and since my French reading is not so terrible, and I'm well
familiar with the English LilyPond messages by now, I haven't
bothered to try to figure this out). Would be interested to know
the solution, too.

I am using Frescobaldi 2.19.0 with LilyPond 2.18.2 (yes, I should
upgrade).

Did you try changing the setting in the preferences ("Run LilyPond with english messages")? Did you get the same language no matter if that option is checked or not?

What's the value of the no_translation option in your frescobaldi.conf file? I don't know where it is in Mac... I'm using Frescobaldi 3 on Linux since a couple of years. I'm not sure if it's the same on version 2.

$ cat .config/frescobaldi/frescobaldi.conf | grep no_translation
no_translation=true