Re: Jazz Chord Symbols (as new font - NOT notation font)

From: Marco Baumgartner
Subject: Re: Jazz Chord Symbols (as new font - NOT notation font)
Date: Sat, 6 Jul 2019 02:34:58 +0200

the output of:

\markup \roman "fi"

is in the attachment. It does not produce the ligatures - both in standard and a testing font of mine containing ligatures (otf).
In the word "leer", the letter e and r should be connected.

I stumbled over this (2015):
http://lilypond.1069038.n5.nabble.com/Broken-ligatures-in-recent-LilyPond-versions-td171760.html

It's said, that as of 2.18.2 and newer, ligatures are broken in lilypond. Doesn't seem to be the case for everybody though...

I've updatet my system, running Debian Stretch 9.9 now.
Lilypond is no longer in the standard-repository in this updated version, so I've installed the generic package "2.18.2" from lilypond.org.