Re: A spacing problem

From: Robert Blackstone
Subject: Re: A spacing problem
Date: Fri, 5 Jul 2019 09:38:36 +0200

Hi Ben,
Thanks for your quick response.
And my apologies for my late reaction.

I would have included an MWE if I had believed that I could somehow demonstrate the problem with it, but I'm convinced that it is sort of a mass action inside my score.

I could perhaps have sent you the complete score but I don’t think that’s a good idea. To give some impression: here is a brief description:  Upper staff a vocal Voice with Lyrics, Lower staff a Bass Voice with BC-figures.  \time 4/4 with a few changes to 8/4. Somewhere  down the stretch of it I had to add for two adjacent bars a third voice in the bass line. The score has 82 bars in four sections, the first three ending with a double bar-line, the final one with the usual  \bar “|.” .

After sending my question to the list I continued my trouble-shooting and I succeeded in getting rid of 3 of my 4 problem-spots by introducing and/or some line breaks.
The remaining one has resisted my efforts till now.

Best regards,
Robert Blackstone