Frescobaldi language problem

From: John Karl
Subject: Frescobaldi language problem
Date: Thu, 4 Jul 2019 11:26:16 -0500

I've have apparently reset Frescobaldi's language selection for its "Lilypond log" output from English to German and have been unable to undo this.  I think this probably happened when I was playing around with a lilypond-user request from someone in Germany.  I'm running Frescobaldi 2.19.0 on a mac running Osx 10.12.6.

To illustrate, I have the following in a file called lang.ly:

\version "2.19.82"
{ c d e f }

So, if I tell Frescobaldi to compile the file lang.ly, its "Lilypond log" output begins:

    Starting lilypond 2.19.82 [lang.ly]...

    "Users/pat/Downloads/lang.ly" wird verarbeitet

    Analysieren...

    Interpretation der Musik...

    usw.

whereas if from a terminal I do:  "lilypond lang.ly"

the terminal output begins:

    GNU LilyPond 2.19.82
    Processing `lang.ly'
    Parsing...
    Interpreting music...

    etc.

I have dropped and restarted Frescobaldi with no effect on this problem.  I have looked for language specifications in the Frescobaldii preferences, unsuccessfully.

How do I get back to English Frescobaldi output?