When a song's composer and poet are the same person, why is the poet nam

From: Karlin High
Subject: When a song's composer and poet are the same person, why is the poet name initialized?
Date: Thu, 27 Jun 2019 16:36:43 -0500

I have a friend who's a beginning songwriter and LilyPond user. After
passing out his second song for review and comments, someone asked
"How come you have your full name at the top right as composer, but
only your initials at the top left as poet?"

Hmm. We both thought initials for composer-as-poet was standard, but
now we see sheet music and songbooks go either way with this. Is there
a reason for initializing the poet when it's the same as the composer?
Maybe to make things look less redundant? Is it simply a matter of
taste, or a well-established convention? I did a few web searches, but
failed to find anything.
--
Karlin High
Missouri, USA