Re: two-way synchronization (live or otherwise) between Lilypond and a D

From: Kieren MacMillan
Subject: Re: two-way synchronization (live or otherwise) between Lilypond and a DAW
Date: Fri, 31 May 2019 21:14:37 -0400

Hi Elaine,

> This is essentially my workflow.
> I use Logic as my DAW

That’s great! That’s what I have installed on my machine, so it’s the one I’d
prefer to use.

> (It is especially annoying since there is not a key command for import MIDI
> within Logic, so I have to go through the menu each time.)

Can’t you use the built-in macOS keyboard shortcut assignment feature(s)?

> Logic will import the new MIDI onto new tracks, and you need to delete the
> old MIDI, then move the new MIDI onto the old tracks, then delete the new,
> now-empty tracks.

Hmmm… That would be nice to automate. Maybe with Automator/AppleScript?

> If you do have automation on tracks, as well as any effects, panning, mixing
> levels, that will remain.

That’s the most important thing for me; I’m glad to hear that those things are
untouched.

Thanks!
Kieren.

Kieren MacMillan, composer