Re: two-way synchronization (live or otherwise) between Lilypond and a D

From: John Helly
Subject: Re: two-way synchronization (live or otherwise) between Lilypond and a DAW
Date: Thu, 30 May 2019 11:21:25 -1000

Aloha.
Pls let me know if this discussion should continue elsewhere.  I use Logic X and Sibelius.  Having discovered LP recently, it solves the basic song-writing problem (for me) of entering lyrics and melody much more easily than either of those tools.  I understand that LP will export midi but I haven't explored it yet.  What I think would be interesting is to explore an interface to import and export between LP and Logic to facilitate composition. Logic offers Final Cut Pro XML and imports MusicXML but of course the devil's in the details. That's all I know about the Import/Export capabilities.  In terms of requirements, I would like to be able to (1) view the score in Logic, (2) make some melodic, rhythmic and lyrical mods and (3) export back to LP. No need for real-time interactivity although that would be nice (and very tough).
J.