Re: Unconventional score and unwanted stray staff lines

From: David Bellows
Subject: Re: Unconventional score and unwanted stray staff lines
Date: Sun, 19 May 2019 15:15:26 -0700

Hey Kieren,

> If the algorithm uses a random number generator to determine which output to
> give, “one never knows what’s going to happen”, but it would still be easy
> for Lilypond to make the result "look good".

Yep, that's it exactly. I do spend a lot of time generating a lot of
different runs with different parameters and such looking for weird
gotchas and then coming up with general solutions when those things
happen. So far the results are really good which is a testament to
Lilypond's quality. The final result will be online and there will be
no chance for the user to fix the Lilypond file so I need to make sure
things look as good as possible.

Dave