Re: Edition Engraver master vs refactor override branch: changing bound-

From: Stefano Troncaro
Subject: Re: Edition Engraver master vs refactor override branch: changing bound-details
Date: Sun, 5 May 2019 14:06:19 -0300

Oh I see.

For that reason I moved away from using the << ... \\ ... >> construct and now I use \voices which by the way I find way more suited for my use case of engraving piano music and then editing it with the edition engraver. I use only one Voice per Staff, called "main", and spontaneous voices are called "sub", "subb" for the second simultaneous extra voice, etc., so I can always reach the main voice with \musicPath PNO.right.Voice.main and all the other voices with PNO.right.Voice.sub. This way I don't have to worry about counting them or giving them IDs, it can get confusing in long scores if you have 20 or more total voices in a staff all named Voice.A, Voice.B, etc, even when some of them are only active on one or two bars. And the input files are really easy to read and mentally parse when written in this way.

Now that I wrote this I think it would be interesting to find out how other users use the tools to fit their needs and workflows. Lilypond is so open in this regard.

What I meant to say with this is that this limitation of the Edition Engraver can be worked around. In fact this could be an interesting addendum to the guide in the wiki.